School District Profile
Tanque Verde has long been recognized as an exemplary school district, with excelling, highly rated schools and an overall district grade of “A” as determined by the Arizona Department of Education (2014). With the addition of a comprehensive 9-12 high school in 2005, the District now serves approximately 2,100 students at four school sites, comprised of two K-6 elementary schools, one 7-8 junior high school, and one 9-12 high school. The Tanque Verde Community Preschool was founded at Tanque Verde Elementary School in 2019, making TVES a PreK-6 grade school.
The success of the District is attributed to a highly supportive community, and an accomplished, dedicated and caring staff of over 280 employees who work to provide the highest quality education and support services to all District students. The District endeavors to create pathways to success for all students and to ensure effective communication, collaboration, school partnerships and facilities that provide a safe and supportive environment for students and staff members. The Governing Board and District Goals are guided by the following District Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and respectfulness through open communication.
- Seek input from and recognize the expertise of all stakeholders in order to achieve unified community support.
- Make progressive, dynamic decisions for 21st Century Learners through creativity and innovation.
- Create an active learning centered environment to meet the needs of all students.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility and seek new funding opportunities to enhance student learning.
- Create a positive climate for everyone to attract and retain students and staff.
- Make decisions based on factual information and/or measurable results.
The District’s Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles are the foundation for our excelling school system. In addition, the District endeavors to engage and support all students with robust enrichment programs in Art, Music, Theater, STEAM Initiatives, Extracurricular Activities and Athletics, as well as pilot programs exploring new classroom technologies and technology integrated curriculum components. Community involvement is supported and encouraged through highly active Parent-Teacher Groups, School Site Councils, High School Booster Clubs, and an active Educational Enrichment Foundation. School-community partnerships and community outreach and engagement initiatives are an ongoing District priority. The District’s commitment to supporting student achievement and to maintaining a student-focused, highly relational school community has resulted in the continued high standard of educational excellence found in the Tanque Verde Unified School District.